SKY EVENTS (PTY) LTD
DATES: Monday 11 - Saturday 16 September 2023
WHAT YOU GET WITH YOUR ENTRY PACKAGE:
– 7 nights accommodation, 3x meals a day (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
– 5 riding days + 1 moving/rest day = 6 days of REAL mountain biking
– amazing options for supporters & families including rock pools, water falls, shorter rides, pony treks, trail runs & hikes (booked separately on request)
– Transport of luggage between the base camps
– The 1st night (Sunday, 10th Sept 2023) BEFORE the first stage and the 7th night AFTER the final stage (Saturday, 16th Sept 2023) are included in your package. You don't want to miss out on the legendary bonfire night and leave relaxed, after breakfast, on Sunday morning.
– A challenging route with optional strava segments. Timing is not compulsory. Prizes awarded at discretion of organisers.
– 1 or 2 water points per day with plenty of drinks, water and a variety of sweet and savoury foods and fruit.
– A world-class GPS mountain bike route
– 4x4 Safety vehicles including professional medical support.
– Professional Bike Guides from Lesotho (there will be 3 groups for slow, medium & fast riders) If you manage to beat the fastest rider from Lesotho, you may expect a special award. Note: Basotho riders are fast ;-)
– A daily route briefing with pictures from the days riding.
– A Professional photographer will capture the moments. Various formats of the media crews work will be available to you after the race.
– An experience of a lifetime riding though villages (eagerly awaiting your arrival) and breathtaking roads, single track, goat paths under the watchful eye of the Maluti Mountains.
– Mechanical support provided by Lesotho Bike Hangar: included is a daily wash & lube. Spare parts or major servicing will be charged at fair rates for labour and parts.
– Massage and physio services (30min - 45min daily massage is included), extra may be booked and paid if space is available
You are welcome with your E-Bike, a full suspension is a MUST. Lesotho's trails are technically demanding and you should be comfortable with riding up and down steep and narrow single track. Regardless of which bike you ride, this is NOT a ride for beginners. The longest stage is approx 60km and should you require an additional battery you may give it to the water point crew.
NOT INCLUDED AND TO BE PAID IN CASH AT REGISTRATION AND/OR BEFORE/DURING THE RACE:
– Airport transfers to/from Maseru International Airport (MSU), Johannesburg O.R. Tambo (JNB) or Bloemfontein (BFN)
– Transfers to/from the start of the event for riders WITHOUT their own vehicle
– Additional drinks, snacks at the base camps
– Alcoholic beverages at the base camps
- We accept partial payments.
- Payments need to be completed within 3 months of registration.
- The date of the final payment will determine the value of the entry.
- Only fully paid entries will qualify for the return policy.
LESOTHO SKY REFUND POLICY DUE TO EVENT CANCELLATION
- In case of the organisers having to cancel the event all confirmed and paid entries and will automatically roll–over into the 2024 Lesotho Sky (The provisional dates for the next event are 16 - 21 September 2024).
COVID19 REFUND POLICY DUE TO RIDER CANCELLATION
- In case of cancellation longer than 3 months before the event starts, either 90% refund will be given or transfer of 100% of the amount paid to an alternative event (next years provisional dates are 16 - 21 September 2024). In case of cancellation within 3 months of the event but longer than 1 month before the event you will be charged 50% of the registration fee as cancellation fee. In case of cancellation within 1 month before the event 100% of the registration fee will be charged.
- If a participant is forced to cancel their participation due to COVID specific force majeure they will receive a 90% refund of the event entry fee (transaction fee excluded) If a participant is forced to cancel their participation do to COVID related events not included in COVID specific force majeure, then they will receive a 50% refund (transaction fee excluded)
- COVID Specific force majeure’ means an event of COVID that is beyond the control of the participant but directly prevents their participation in the Event. This includes: * Contracting COVID – Proof of test is required by the event organisers *Closure of national airports due to Governmental COVID related restrictions – National Govt Website confirmation is needed as proof. *Lesotho and/or South African Government enforcing mandatory quarantine period for international arrivals. COVID specific force majeure does not include: *Family/friend/colleague contracting COVID *Having to take a COVID test *Change of flights leading to inability to participate *Work related requirements/restrictions leading to inability to participate *Refusal to comply with Govt regulations surrounding vaccines, if they become available.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? COME AND CONQUER THE #MOUNTAINBIKEKINGDOM
Event has been Closed
|Solo Lodged||R 29,950.00|
|Sharing Lodged||R 28,950.00|
|Supporters Lodged||R 7,000.00|
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
You will stay in your own en-suite room
|300 km||R 29,950.00|
|Sharing Lodged||300 km||R 28,950.00|
This entry allows you to share with your loved one(s) and will give you access to meals, venue etc but not the route or the ride
|50 km||R 7,000.00|
Ramabanta Trading Post, 1 hr south of Maseru
|Address||Ramabanta Trading Post|
|City||1 hr south of Maseru|